If you’re like me, it’s not easy to satisfy a picky eater. But sometimes, some snacks work better than others. My kids are super picky, and they’d tell you that they don’t eat most on this list, but what they don’t know doesn’t necessarily hurt them! Here are 14 snacks for kids (Moms, Dads and the rest of the family and friends as well) that they might be hankering to chomp!
14 snacks to choose
1. 100 Calorie Greek Yogurt x 28 (per week)
2. Blueberry smoothie: 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup blueberries, 1 tsp cinnamon, ice to thickness, blend, enjoy.
3. Low fat ricotta cheese or cottage cheese with 2 tsp honey & 1/2 cup fruit (try watermelon, too! Yum!)
4. 1 hard boiled egg and 1 piece of fruit
5. 1 cup tomato (or any fruit really) and 1 cup low fat ricotta or cottage cheese
6. Kale Chips: bake ½ cup raw kale with stems removed, drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil at 400° until crisp.
7. Sweet Potato Fries: One light-bulb sized sweet potato sliced, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and baked at 400° for 10 minutes.
8. 1 cup of any fruit
9. 1 tablespoon nut butter licked from the spoon (portion control, and just plain fun!)
10. 1 cup fruit salad
11. Air popped popcorn with a bit of salt
12. Pretzel sticks
13. Turn left over smoothies into popsicles
14. Whale crackers or those fish crackers (portioned out in individual baggies)
Just because these are so darn tasty, try a popcicle or a fudge pop. Low calorie, and oh so tasty!